Sarah Kirshin-Neilans was born and raised in London, Ontario where she completed her Combined Honours Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Philosophy at the University of Western Ontario (UWO) in 2004. Her study of law took her west, to Winnipeg, Manitoba, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Manitoba in 2007.
Sarah returned to London to complete her bar admissions course and her articles at a larger, general practice firm. She joined Nicholson Smith & Partners as an associate prior to her call to the bar in 2008.
Sarah's practice focuses primarily on both the plaintiff and defence side of personal injury claims. She is particularly proud of her efforts in assisting elderly clients who have suffered serious injuries from slip and falls on ice, and families who have lost their loved ones as a result of the negligence of others.
Sarah has also represented clients in a variety of types of litigation, including employment and commercial matters. No matter the case, Sarah acts with diligence in representing her clients in order to achieve the most favourable result for them in a timely and cost-effective manner.
In her spare time, Sarah enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter. She also enjoys horseback riding and has been an avid show jumping competitor since the age of 8.Credentials
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- 2012/2013 Southwest Young Lawyers Division Chair
- Middlesex Law Association
- Advocates' Society
- SARI Therapeutic Riding
- Member of the Board of Directors, 2012 - present
- President of the Board of Directors, 2016 - present
- Volunteer/Supporter, London Lawyers Feed the Hungry, 2008 to present
- Director of the University of Manitoba's student chapter of CLAIHR, 2005-2007
- Volunteer Legal Aid Case Worker, 2004-2005
- Volunteer Researcher for Pro Bono Students Canada, 2004-2007
- Volunteer Programmer/Supporter, CHRW, Radio Western, 2001 to present